Honored to be able to share some of my tips & tricks over Loverly blog on friday! Check you the full video tutorial in the link below on how to Create a Custom Ink Color Like a DIY Calligraphy Queen!
How on earth can a couple create a custom ink color to perfectly match their wedding palette? We all know how long it takes to pick out the perfect Pantones, so who wants to settle on a not-quite-right ink shade? Read on to see what she had to say…
1. Open your large dinky dip jar and fill 1/4 of the jar with your ink.
2. Take the water and fill the jar up until it is 1/3 filled with the ink & water compound.
3. Close the top and shake vigorously for 2 minutes.
4. Open the jar and take your pipette to gently mix the compound a little more.
5. Take your pen & nib and test the quality of ink. Your goal is to create the perfect milky texture, as thick as milk. If the ink is too opaque and watered-down you will need to add more ink. If the ink is too thick and clumpy you will need to dilute it by adding more water with a pipette. Go slow and gentle until you reach that perfect milky consistency.